Chloe and Christy share a conversation about how cooking, eating in community, and nurturing each other through food can be an act of resistance.
Spicy Tandoori Cauliflower with Minted Yogurt
Reprinted from Feed the Resistance, recipe available at the FoodSchmooze
- 1 cup [227 g] full-fat Greek yogurt divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- kosher salt
- 1 pound [453 g] fresh cauliflower (about 1 medium), cut into large florets
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- 1 large handful fresh mint leaves minced
- Preheat the oven to 425°F [220°C]. Place a sheet pan in the oven to heat up.
- Meanwhile, place 1/2 cup [113 g] of the yogurt in a large bowl with the olive oil, garlic, turmeric, cumin, cayenne, and 1/2 tsp of salt and whisk well to combine. Add the cauliflower and mix well so that each piece is coated.
- Once the oven comes to temperature, place the cauliflower on the hot sheet pan in an even layer. Roast, stirring the cauliflower once or twice while it’s in the oven, until it’s softened and gorgeously browned, about 25 minutes total. Season the cauliflower to taste with salt.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining 1/2 cup [113 g] yogurt in a small bowl with the lemon or lime juice, mint, and 1/2 tsp of salt and whisk well to combine.
- Serve the cauliflower hot or at room temperature with the minted yogurt spooned on top.
A beautiful restaurant professional directory featuring solely women/gender non-conforming, LGBTQ+, and POC called EATT @ https://equityatthetable.com/
Julia Turshen on getting involved at Design*Sponge, plus a recipe
Find out more about Spiritual Direction at Spiritual Directors International
Bonus recipe! The recipe we made at Simple Church, the one Christy made for her coworker: Avgolemono @ https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-greek-egg-and-lemon-soup-avgolemono-242659
Bonus bonus recipe! Nasi Lemak @ https://www.foodrepublic.com/recipes/authentic-nasi-lemak/