Breaded Catfish (Adapted by Eva from her mom’s recipe)
5 catfish fillets (bones and skin off)
2 cups panko or other breadcrumb of choice (Matzo meal also works well)
1 cup milk (can use unsweetened plain almond milk for dairy-free folks)
1 lemon, juiced
Salt & pepper for seasoning
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp chili powder (I like to use Adobo, but you can also use cayenne or whatever kind you like)
- Place fillets skin-side down on a foil-lined baking sheet. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Rub salt and pepper on both sides.
- Mix together in a large bowl the panko, a sprinkle of salt and pepper, and the paprika, cumin, and chili powder.
- Dip fillets individually in the milk and then the panko mixture. Place back on pan and pour a generous amount of lemon juice over the top of the breaded fish.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until fillets are golden brown.
Center for Calling & Christian Leadership @ https://www.hendrix.edu/centerforcalling/
Curious about Toad Suck? @ https://www.citylab.com/design/2012/08/unlikely-history-toad-suck-arkansas/2863/